T56 Magnum Shifter

NOTE: The 'XL' version of the T56 Magnum is 5. View Details. My MT82D4 bit the dust on a 2-3 shift and I lost 3/4 so I bought a T56 Magnum XL and an MGW - the hype is real! 43 comments. NEW RELEASE!97-02 Camaro/Firebird 5 or 6 Speed GM Black Leather Shifter Boot … Read Article. Replace your worn out or missing isolator cup, this is the piece that the shifter goes into to select the gears. Specialty drivline parts. If you are considerably shorter, you may want to use the mid-mount position or a short shifter handle. Swapped to a t56 magnum xl and ju st purchased the mgw shifter for it! I am beyond exciting to receive, install, and enjoy!! Mgw is the best in the business! See More. Chevrolet Performance-Logo Shifter Ball Kit • Give your Tremec® T56 or T56 Super Magnum six-speedequipped project a distinctive, heritage-inspired look with a classic ball-style shift knob emblazoned with the Chevrolet Performance logo. 99 FREE Shipping. The T56 6-speed manual transmission, initially manufactured by BorgWarner and later by Tremec, was utilized by numerous car makers, including GM, Ford and Dodge. Had it for less than 1k miles. As you would come to expect from the Steeda Tri-Ax, all of the patented features that have made our other Tri-Ax shifters the top selling shifter in the market are also part of the Tremec T56 model. Two-Position Shifter Plate Included, With Third Position Built Into The Transmission. An Elite Tremec Transmission Distributor, making us the best source for all of your T-5, T-45, T-56, T-56 Magnum, TKO-500, TKO-600, 3650 and 6060 transmission…. tremec t56 magnum short shifter 6speed transmission. And if you have to pay extra to upgrade the TKO to make it shift better, makes sense just to go with the T56 Magnum? Haven't heard anyone who opted for a T56 Magnum regret the decision and wish they got a TKO instead but ultimately depends on your budget. No matter what you're driving, we have the right T56 Mustang for your vehicle. Just playin' around with that sweet transmission that has just arrived ;) You'll find it in the Shelby GT500, all Dodge Vipers, Camaro ZL1, etc. If you are thinking of a T56 transmission swap, one thing to consider is that there have been several different T56 gear ratios used in various transmission models. I've heard the stock GTO shifter is like a "baseball bat in jello" I believe they said lol mines def not like that. Specifically for a tremec magnum t56. JEGS carries a wide selection of shifter handles and gear shift knobs for automatic custom shifters and manual transmission shifters from B&M, Ford Racing, Grant, Hurst, Mr. new billet specialties black anodized grid-style shift lever, 10" long, precision machined 6061-t6 aluminum, fits tremec tko500 tko600, borg warner t-56 transmissions, shifter lever $79. Features and Benefits: CNC machined shifter base and shifter shank No setup of shift stops required Will not overshift or cause transmission damage Able to use standard…. Combining brute strength with precision engineering, the T56 is the perfect choice for cruisers and track racers alike. Hydraulic Clutch Conversion - Ford T10 Magnum T56 96-04 Mustang T45 Cobra T56. In 1992, General Motors began using it for its generation II and future engines. Automobile Parts and Service Toggle navigation Community Chevy Automotive Sales Inc. Maybe a dumb question, but I can't seem to find anything online— does anyone know the thread size for the two threaded holes in the T56 Magnum shifter nub? I think they might be metric and I don't have a bunch of metric bolts to try out. 5" shorter than the production 1998-2002 Camaro T56. The G-Force Street 6-Speed conversion requires no external case, tailhousing, or shifter modifications to your existing T-56. The image above shows approximately the size of the piece of the top of the tunnel that needs to be removed to clear the shifter section of the T56 Magnum XL tailhousing. The shifter came on my brand new transmission but will not be able to use it because of its location. Qwik Stik Shifter for T-56 Magnum 6-speed, No offset or stops. Rockland Standard Gear is the only company that can install the newer technology into an original T56 transmission housing. Replace your worn out or missing isolator cup, this is the piece that the shifter goes into to select the gears. Automobile Parts and Service Toggle navigation Community Chevy Automotive Sales Inc. The kingpin of TREMEC's high performance line up, the all new T56 Magnum double over drive 6 speed transmission takes the very best from TREMEC's current OEM technologies and pairs it with the most popular features of the all business TKO 5 speed. new billet specialties black anodized grid-style shift lever, 10" long, precision machined 6061-t6 aluminum, fits tremec tko500 tko600, borg warner t-56 transmissions, shifter lever $79. shifter was a great improvement over the stock unit. Ford Tremec T Ford Tremec T 56 Magnum Tuet11010 Close Ratio Trans Or Tuet11011. Classic Industries offers Chevrolet Truck Bearings, Chevrolet Truck Boots, Chevrolet Truck Complete Transmissions, Chevrolet Truck Flywheel, Chevrolet Truck Gaskets, Seals & Filters, Chevrolet Truck Gears, Chevrolet Truck Hardware, Chevrolet Truck Shift. Two-Position Shifter Plate Included, With Third Position Built Into The Transmission Get your new T56 Magnum on the road with Chevrolet Performance's T56 Super Magnum Installation Kits: bellhousing, flywheel, clutch, clutch release bearing, pressure plate, dust covers, and hardware. Introduced to the marketplace in 2012, the Magnum XL is a continuation of the popular Magnum 6-speed series. The TREMEC® T56 Magnum XL 6-speed transmission is aimed specifically at S197 Mustang enthusiasts! The new ‘direct-shift” T56 Magnum™ XL for 2005-up Ford Mustangs represents a long awaited solution to the semi-remote shifter woes experienced by many 2005-up Mustang owners, as well as, TREMEC’s most significant foray into the Mustang aftermarket since the days of emerging 5. Crossmember mouting location from rear face of block D. The improvement is in the Beef. Overall length from rear face of block to end of casting. If needed the shifter can be relocated into these other shifter locations for better fitment in a wider range of chassis. First, If you use a Magnum, you'll have to fab the top of the tunnel. Each unit is thoroughly tested, contains a tough black MIL-Spec anodized finish and is ready for installation. I would assume they would be the same or very close for the OEM T56. The T56 Super Magnum can accommodate three shifter positions and includes a two-position shifter plate, shifter handle, and Chevrolet Performance logo ball-type shifter knob. You can move the shifter forward on any of the T56's with a simple kit that puts it in the forward opening. The only change needed will be a swap over to the 31 spline front yoke on the driveshaft. Specialty drivline parts. Searching for good used or rebuilt LS T56 transmissions is over. Included in JPC Racing's conversion kit is of course the Magnum T56 transmission in your choice of one of two available gear ratio options, SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Assembly and Billet Steel Flywheel, Quicktime SFI-approved bell housing, Draftshaft Shop aluminum driveshaft with spicer yoke-style attachment, crossmember and mount and shifter assembly. There is a gear under the shifter. NHRA legal. That's without a converter or computer controlleror manual valve body if I went that route. Shifter base for custom installations using a T56 transmission with forward conversion adapter from McLeod (# 82-1001 - buy direct from McLeod) or Keisler / SilverSport (stamped # TRA-00104, not sold alone). The Grannas Racing GR1000S Sequential Magnum Kit is available for all of the chassis I make GR-Series magnum kits. Features and Benefits: CNC machined shifter base and shifter shank No setup of shift stops required Will not overshift or cause transmission damage Able to use standard…. T56 Service Manual. 5" longer than the regular T56 Magnum. Aluminum shifter handles are very popular for racing. Just called MGW and talked to the tech guy about the F-Body camaro style shifter (which is basically would I would be after). The semi-remote shifters tend to be wide, and high; so in addition to the mount mentioned above, you may have to widen your transmission tunnel as well. T56 Gear Ratios. Sikky Universal T56 Magnum Transmission 4' inch Shifter Relocation Kit at Sikky Universal T56 Magnum Transmission 4' inch Shifter Relocation Kit for a home office, get pieces that can be used in a multitude of ways. The Sikky Manufacturing T56 Magnum Relocation Short Throw Shifter is designed to relocate the factory shift rod location back 4″. These will look like stock, but be shorter. *TREMEC T56 Magnum transmissions can be shifted from two different locations - mid and rear. The best way to get repeatable quick shifts. Ford GM Dodge Tremec T56 Magnum bronze shifter cup isolator bushing. 00 - $ 14,269. There are tons of options for a normal T56, but the Magnum is a different animal. Known as "America's Number 1 Shifter Company", Hurst proudly maintains a wide variety of quality products for the performance enthusiast. The Built t56 at 750 rating might hold at 750 but that is just a magic 3rd party vender number based on theory and not so much as all the test tremec pulls the trannys through. doesnt shift as well as my m-21 with the hurst super shifter 3 but overdrive makes it all worth while. Searching for good used or rebuilt LS T56 transmissions is over. maximum torque capacity, the T56 has an exterior case similar to the fourth-generation F-body transmission. Remove the old mechanical linkage. It covers the center cut for the shifter for a t56 magnum (does not work for a 98-2002 factory t56). Classic Industries offers Chevrolet Truck Bearings, Chevrolet Truck Boots, Chevrolet Truck Complete Transmissions, Chevrolet Truck Flywheel, Chevrolet Truck Gaskets, Seals & Filters, Chevrolet Truck Gears, Chevrolet Truck Hardware, Chevrolet Truck Shift. Because its shorter it gets rid of the need to have an aftermarket shifter relocation kit. Richmond Overdrive shifters. And if you have to pay extra to upgrade the TKO to make it shift better, makes sense just to go with the T56 Magnum? Haven't heard anyone who opted for a T56 Magnum regret the decision and wish they got a TKO instead but ultimately depends on your budget. This is only the case on the T56 magnum. Introduced to the marketplace in 2012, the Magnum XL is a continuation of the popular Magnum 6-speed series. The outside will be steel and powder coated. The T56 6-speed manual transmission, initially manufactured by BorgWarner and later by Tremec, was utilized by numerous car makers, including GM, Ford and Dodge. Additionally, a slip yoke style interface will also make it easy to ditch the equally unpopular 2-piece driveshaft in favor of a more robust 1-piece arrangement. PPG T56 T6060. The T56 Super Magnum can accommodate three shifter positions and includes a two-position shifter plate, shifter handle, and Chevrolet Performance-logo ball-type shifter knob. Across the board, Tremec had made some efforts to streamline product part interchange. should have came with this model from the get go. The kingpin of TREMEC’s high performance line up, the all new T56 Magnum double over drive 6 speed transmission takes the very best from TREMEC’s current OEM technologies and pairs it with the most popular features of the all business TKO 5 speed. Over the years, Hurst has been the OEM shifter supplier for the Pontiac GTO, Plymouth Barracuda, Plymouth Super Bird, Ford Mustang Boss 302, Oldsmobile, AMC and now the new Dodge Challengers, just to name a few. See pics attached. (I have an orginal shifter rod and black knob. That's without a converter or computer controlleror manual valve body if I went that route. It is derived from the Tremec T-56 6-speed manual transmission. For someone my size (6-feet-tall), this is pretty comfortable. The image above shows approximately the size of the piece of the top of the tunnel that needs to be removed to clear the shifter section of the T56 Magnum XL tailhousing. Why did we design this shifter?. Just playin' around with that sweet transmission that has just arrived ;) You'll find it in the Shelby GT500, all Dodge Vipers, Camaro ZL1, etc. Pfitzner Performance Gearboxes is the only manufacturer to offer a motorsport-proven high performance, 6-speed H-Pattern helical synchro gear system upgrade for TREMEC T56, TR-6060, Magnum and Magnum XL, in-line and transaxle transmissions. - Sequential shifter to convert H-pattern gearbox to sequential shift. I’m looking at the mal wood magnum extension housing into a TR6060 box to solve the floor brac and shifter issues but the cost is astronomical. Just over three years ago they released the T-56 Magnum line of transmissions. As 4th gen f-bodies become more plentiful in junkyards, the prices steadily decline. you can start with a GTO core and convert to an F-body shifter. The image above shows approximately the size of the piece of the top of the tunnel that needs to be removed to clear the shifter section of the T56 Magnum XL tailhousing. This throws a lot of fluid on the shifter. The MGW billet shifter for the Tremec T56 Magnum XL transmission is now available. Joe at D&D told me that MGW had one of the Magnum transmissions with the intent to design a shifter but that they couldn't make one that was different enough from the factory shifter to make it worth it, or something to that effect. Two-Position Shifter Plate Included, With Third Position Built Into The Transmission Get your new T56 Magnum on the road with Chevrolet Performance's T56 Super Magnum Installation Kits: bellhousing, flywheel, clutch, clutch release bearing, pressure plate, dust covers, and hardware. Buy TREMEC T56 Magnum XL 6 Speed Transmission for Ford, TUKT12021 - Brand New Tremec Transmission at Wholesale Pricing. The shifter came on my brand new transmission but will not be able to use it because of its location. Choosing the right CAM for your application. Ive searched and couldnt find anything on t56 magnum shifters. *TREMEC T56 Magnum transmissions can be shifted from two different locations - mid and rear. Searching for good used or rebuilt LS T56 transmissions is over. The TREMEC® T56 Magnum XL 6-speed transmission is aimed specifically at S197 Mustang enthusiasts! The new 'direct-shift" T56 Magnum™ XL for 2005-up Ford Mustangs represents a long awaited solution to the semi-remote shifter woes experienced by many 2005-up Mustang owners, as well as, TREMEC's most significant foray into the Mustang aftermarket since the days of emerging 5. They guy who owned the car before me kept reciepts of everything so I know it has a new cluth that was installed by a ford dealership but I don't know if it's the OEM clutch or aftermarket. there is a plug in the back close to where the driveshaft goes into the tranny, since its one of those plugs that instead of a bolt head going out, its recessed just like one of the rear end (sorry I don’t know the real name for it) it may just be filled with dirt or grease and hard to find? here is a link to a pic. 8 tgv engine, tremec 5 speed gearbox, 1. McLeod Racing’s Paul Lee Acquires FTI Performance Converters. of torque capacityReasonably light at 135 lbs. *TREMEC T56 Magnum transmissions can be shifted from two different locations - mid and rear. Made in USA. Magnum F is now available for 3rd/4th gen F bodies and anything else where the T56 is swapped. Please verify by the picture that this is the correct part for your transmission. Pfitzner Performance Gearboxes is the only manufacturer to offer a motorsport-proven high performance, 6-speed H-Pattern helical synchro gear system upgrade for TREMEC T56, TR-6060, Magnum and Magnum XL, in-line and transaxle transmissions. Automobile Parts and Service Toggle navigation Community Chevy Automotive Sales Inc. This is for the front and mid shift locations which are closed with cover plates if not used. Remote shifter tail housing and a non slip bolt on yoke. 943 at full weight. New (never used), T56 TREMEC Magnum 6 speed Stage 2 McLeod clutch (holds up to 700hp or 800hp) Ls2 bellhousing Has maybe 100-200miles Comes with slave & master too if needed Hurst angled shifter Need gone ASAP going different route next build so I don’t need it $ 4 k OBO $ LOW OFFERS WILL BE IGNORED DONT HAVE THE MONEY AT HAND DONT HIT ME UP MONEY TALKS BS WALKS WORKS PERFECTLY NO ISSUES. ) The T56 shifter is located very far back on the transmission and will come up under the seat. S1 T56 sequential shifter S1 Sequential Converting to a Tremec T-56 Magnum 6 Speed Transmission in. I went with the McLeod hydraulic conversion kit for my LS/T56 swap. Do your research to see how strong these gearboxes with many fitted to 800hp 2jz's while still being able to shift way nicer then any t56. The result is our new Steeda Tri-Ax shifter for the Tremec Magnum XL transmission for 2005-2019 Mustang. Anyone experiencing the "T56 Magnum" shifter rattle with these aftermarket assemblies? My stock Tremec shifter makes a ton of noise. This version is to suit what would be considered the early GM t56 cars and include the gearboxes from Keep in mind that all shifters fit gearboxes and not specific cars you may need to modify the transmission tunnel to suit. Rockland Standard Gear is the only company that can install the newer technology into an original T56 transmission housing. The kingpin of TREMEC's high performance line-up, the T-56 Magnum double-overdrive 6-speed transmission takes the very best from TREMEC's current OEM technologies and pairs it with the most popular features of the TKO 5-speed. There are different types of the T56 6 speed aftermarket transmission currently available , both new and used. SMP’s vision is to be the leading independent supplier to the automotive aftermarket, providing the highest quality products, competitive prices and the highest. Our nitrous powered 4L60E 2010 Camaro. I purchased my mid shift unit from performancepartswarehouse on ebay, in California, They have various units available and the quality looks great. This is for the front and mid shift locations which are closed with cover plates if not used. In addition to the Ford Performance TREMEC Magnum XL T56 6-Speed Transmission, you will also require a new driveshaft, pedal assembly, clutch, flywheel, transmission crossmember, hydraulic throw out bearing/slave cylinder, reservoir and lines. These will look like stock, but be shorter. The TKO's can handle big power, but shift like crap at high rpm's. The MGW billet shifter for the Tremec T56 Magnum XL transmission is now available. In mocking up the body onto a new frame this weekend it appears that the shifter is going to be very much further back than I anticipated. -Multiple shifter locations & dual speedo pickups for unmatched versatility-Choice of two different gear ratio sets (2. Tremec Magnum 6 speed transmission with Tremec shifter, brand new in 2014, serviced by Tremec under warranty in spring of 2019 for a housing defect. Automobile Parts and Service Toggle navigation Community Chevy Automotive Sales Inc. We are an Elite Tremec Transmission Distributor, making us the best source for all of your T-5, T-45, T-56, T-56 Magnum, TKO-500, TKO-600, TR-3650 and TR-6060 transmission needs. Made in the USA. ISR Performance LS1 T56 Transmission Shifter Extension Relocation Kit. Discover T56 Magnum on sale right here with the biggest choice of T56 Magnum anywhere online. new billet specialties black anodized grid-style shift lever, 10" long, precision machined 6061-t6 aluminum, fits tremec tko500 tko600, borg warner t-56 transmissions, shifter lever $79. 943 at full weight. Just playin' around with that sweet transmission that has just arrived ;) You'll find it in the Shelby GT500, all Dodge Vipers, Camaro ZL1, etc. Pace Performance offers the best pricing on products offered by Tremec. The Sikky Manufacturing T56 Magnum Relocation Short Throw Shifter is designed to relocate the factory shift rod location back 4″. There are no plastic parts to wear out and become sloppy. T-56 Magnum / TR-6060 Synchronizers. We have been doing conversions since 2008 and have had the pleasure of helping many great people with their projects. We showcase a varied catalog of products ready to ship at competitive pricing. BK5 Conversion Kit, TR-6060 [2009-2019] to Magnum. 6060 T56 Magnum Bronze or Stock Shifter Bushing Bronze or stock shifter bushing for TR6060 / Magnum. Running a 8. I'm looking at the mal wood magnum extension housing into a TR6060 box to solve the floor brac and shifter issues but the cost is astronomical. Billet mid shift or forward shift conversion. My MT82D4 bit the dust on a 2-3 shift and I lost 3/4 so I bought a T56 Magnum XL and an MGW - the hype is real! 43 comments. Dodge Magnum 2005, TechSmart™ Shift Interlock Actuator by Standard®. View Details. I have only found two companies that offer a short shifter for a Manum. 0 Fox-body. In addition to overhaul kits we can also supply syncro rings, gears, shift forks, input shaft and main shafts to meet your specific requirements when repairing your T56 6 speed transmission. Silver Sport Transmissions offers TREMEC TKO 5-Speed, TREMEC Magnum 6-Speed, and A41 4-Speed Automatic PerfectFit conversion kits for GM, Ford, Mopar & AMC. T56 Front Shift Conversion Kit relocates the shifter to the forward opening on the top of you 6 speed T56, 13. 15: 663: TKO600 Noise in 66 Biscayne. The aftermarket has been making this Magnum F body trans configuration for years, but at a $1500+ cost premium over the standard T56 Magnum. Mcleod Magnum T56 Forward Shifter With Cover Plate 89-500-004-07m. One of the upgrades Tick Performance makes to the Magnum is to replace the plastic shift fork pads (right) with bronze pads. Shifter location from rear face of engine block B. Introduced to the marketplace in 2012, the Magnum XL is a continuation of the popular Magnum 6-speed series. Chevrolet T56 Transmission Parts. So when I put on the new provided slip yoke, I had to get a conversion u-joint. should have came with this model from the get go. Car and Truck Repair Parts. Considering I can use my GMM shifter on it, not shorten my DS or have to change the cross member (compared to the regular magnum) it only costs a few hundred more NET which to me is worth the carbon shift pads and no hassel. I don't see any way you could do a body mounted shifter. Offset tension coil springs and a high-ratio pivot mechanism eliminate sloppiness and make power shifting easy. T-56 Magnum / TR-6060 Synchronizers. Transmission and Shifter – This kit is designed to work with an LS1 style T56 transmission. This shifter kit comes complete with shift handle and all mounting hardware needed for installation. The improvement is in the Beef. The result is our new Steeda Tri-Ax shifter for the Tremec Magnum XL transmission for 2005-2019 Mustang. I'm not sure what a magnum extension housing is worth but it might not be that much difference compared to buying an aftermarket shifter assembly and try and make it fit. Oval track transmissions. Across the board, Tremec had made some efforts to streamline product part interchange. I am installing a new T56 Magnum behind a small block in my '63 and wanted to know which if the 3 shifter locations is closest to stock?. Including TUET11009 - GM LS T56 Magnum Street Transmission. The Sikky Manufacturing GTO T56 Short Throw Shifter is designed to replace your old, worn out factory shifter or upgrade from an existing short throw shifter. This is a significant upgrade and direct replacement for the standard shifter fitted to a Tremec T56 Magnum. 8" farther back than Magnum and it will also work in GTOs with an offset lever change. you will need a fbody clutch and flywheel, and the t-56. more than I am happy with. S1 T56 sequential shifter S1 Sequential Converting to a Tremec T-56 Magnum 6 Speed Transmission in. The kingpin of TREMEC's high performance line-up, the T-56 Magnum double-overdrive 6-speed transmission takes the very best from TREMEC's current OEM technologies and pairs it with the most popular features of the TKO 5-speed. 00 – $ 14,269. The TKO's can handle big power, but shift like crap at high rpm's. The Tremec T-56 Magnum XL is a new 6-speed manual transmission designed to replace the 2005-2010 Mustang GT 5-speed transmission with it's remote mounted shifter set up and to also replace the Getrag MT-82 transmission in the 2011-2017 Mustangs. TREMEC just installed a third T56 into my rebuilt '98 Mustang GT Convertible and it still sounds like a rock tumbler in neutral with the clutch engaged. I'd guess within 10 pounds of the T-56. Specifically for a tremec magnum t56. Swapped to a t56 magnum xl and ju st purchased the mgw shifter for it! I am beyond exciting to receive, install, and enjoy!! Mgw is the best in the business! See More. As was stated earlier, your T56 can be upgraded to Magnum specs for less money than a new Magnum. The Magnum is shown at left and the T-56 is on the right. Rear end installation kits. This will allow the shifter to locate in the factory location. tremec t56 magnum short shifter 6speed transmission. If you purchase the transmission with the front shift. Available only through Autoworks Parts, this stunning CNC machined aluminum shifter relocation kit is the only of its kind and was designed with the resto-mod in mind. Sikky T56 Magnum Short Throw Shifter Features:-Relocates the shift rod location back 4″ from the standard configuration-Reduces shift throw by 44% for faster shifts-Works with a variety of Engine swap and Transmission swap applications-Direct bolt on for the Tremec T56 Magnum Transmission. Billet mid shift or forward shift conversion. Works with a variety of LSx swap applications. Ive searched and couldnt find anything on t56 magnum shifters. Crossmember mouting location from rear face of block D. Realize the Potential. Additionally, a slip yoke style interface will also make it easy to ditch the equally unpopular 2-piece driveshaft in favor of a more robust 1-piece arrangement. Two-Position Shifter Plate Included, With Third Position Built Into The Transmission Get your new T56 Magnum on the road with Chevrolet Performance's T56 Super Magnum Installation Kits: bellhousing, flywheel, clutch, clutch release bearing, pressure plate, dust covers, and hardware. NEW RELEASE!97-02 Camaro/Firebird 5 or 6 Speed GM Black Leather Shifter Boot … Read Article. FREE Shipping. This is a brand new "direct shift" transmission 6-speed based off the updated TR-6060 unit, which is much stronger than the original Camaro Borg-Warner T56 transmission. The T-56 Magnum XL. NHRA legal. In addition, a $50 mail-in rebate is available on all Chevrolet Performance transmission controllers and torque converters. The stock one is plastic and gets worn out all the time! ***Give your shift a more firm shift with this easy upgrade!!!***. The trans is also very quiet compared the tripod R154 I removed. This will allow the shifter to locate in the factory location. As was stated earlier, your T56 can be upgraded to Magnum specs for less money than a new Magnum. Hurst Blackjack 5 & 6-Speed Manual Shifters are made of durable, CNC-machined billet 6061 aluminum. Drag racing transmissions. Featuring all the most important content from the original Magnum, the XL retains its brute strength and sophistication, but eliminates its multiple shifter locations and dual speedo outputs. The upper end will be threaded to except the APR shifter knob. Shifter location from rear face of engine block B. Buy your Shifter Housing on the internet. It covers the center cut for the shifter for a t56 magnum (does not work for a 98-2002 factory t56). Hurst BlackJack Shifters for Tremec Transmission Swaps. It is also used by the TR6060 variants of the T56 magnum. The only GM 32 spline T56 or TR6060 is the 2005-2006 Chevy SSR. If you are unsure which version of the sequential shifter you need please contact us and we will help work that out. McLeod Racing's Paul Lee Acquires FTI Performance Converters. doesnt shift as well as my m-21 with the hurst super shifter 3 but overdrive makes it all worth while. Sikky Gto Shifter. BK7 TR-6060 / T56 Magnum Carbon Fiber Synchro Kit. I am getting ready to make some T56 shifter stalks. So long story short, last weekend at TWS with NASA I got fed up with the shifting in my old T56, so after putting it off long enough, I removed it from the car and am going to have it rebuilt by a known good local guy. Corvette T56 6 speed transmission 43 tooth 2nd gear (FITS 2. The SN-197 T56, Does have a standard ford size pilot. It can also be adapted to any other Rotary or 2JZ powered car. Do your research to see how strong these gearboxes with many fitted to 800hp 2jz's while still being able to shift way nicer then any t56. Tremec T56 Magnum 6-speed Transmission For Ford New Sbf Bbf 4. Find great deals on eBay for t-56 shifter and camaro t56 shifter. NEW RELEASE!97-02 Camaro/Firebird 5 or 6 Speed GM Black Leather Shifter Boot … Read Article. And if you are Jim McIlvaine-sized, the T56 Magnum (rather than an F-body/GTO T56) might be a better choice, which puts the shifter 1. The kingpin of TREMEC's high performance line-up, the T-56 Magnum double-overdrive 6-speed transmission takes the very best from TREMEC's current OEM technologies and pairs it with the most popular features of the TKO 5-speed. This is a direct replacement for the standard shifter fitted to a Tremec T56 Magnum. Vt - Vz Holden Commodore ( T56 only). Two-Position Shifter Plate Included, With Third Position Built Into The Transmission. Advertisement. True to his word, his incredible runs claimed the GM/6-speed quarter mile elapsed time record, the quickest Tremec 6-speed (including T56 and Magnum) record, the quickest H-pattern stick-shift rear wheel drive record for the USA, and both the quickest and fastest GEN II LT1 record. I'm running SBF with original T56 in a Mk4 - so measurements may vary to Coyote / T56 Magnum. The Tremec TR-6060 six-speed manual transmission features six forward speeds and one reverse speed. BK5 Conversion Kit, TR-6060 [2009-2019] to Magnum. Tremec T56 Magnum 6 Speed Transmission For Ford New Sbf Bbf 4 6 5 0 5 4. 00 – $ 14,269. Admit it, you always thought the factory had screwed up. Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't the shifter be moved towards the front of the casing about 10" on a T56? If anyone out there has done it, how expensive. The base will be a bolt on affair and will bolt on, just like the Hurst shifter. The T-56 six speed manual transmission has been used in a wide range of vehicles from General Motors, Dodge, and Ford Motor Company. Drag racing transmissions. Let PMP Repair yours $400. Hurst Blackjack 5 & 6-Speed Manual Shifters are made of durable, CNC-machined billet 6061 aluminum. From what I can tell it. Some guys might point out that the MAgnum comes with a shifter, well that shifter won't fit the GTO. The Magnum is also less expensive then the built t56. Originally, the T-56 Manual Transmission was designed and built by Borg-Warner for the Dodge Viper. The T56 Super Magnum can accommodate three shifter positions and includes a two-position shifter plate, shifter handle, and Chevrolet Performance-logo ball-type shifter knob. Introduced to the marketplace in 2012, the Magnum XL is a continuation of the popular Magnum 6-speed series. Maybe a dumb question, but I can't seem to find anything online— does anyone know the thread size for the two threaded holes in the T56 Magnum shifter nub? I think they might be metric and I don't have a bunch of metric bolts to try out. 99 FREE Shipping. The shifter came on my brand new transmission but will not be able to use it because of its location. Install offset stick mount using supplied hardware. 5-inch longer than an F-body. The top shaft is a factory T56 unit; the bottom set is the TR6060 Magnum Tranzilla unit. Even during normal driving I occasionally miss 3rd and end up in 5th. It is derived from the Tremec T-56 6-speed manual transmission. 6 V8 Tremec Tr3650 Remanufactured 5 Speed. Look at the external shifters begun with the CTS-V, and the tripod fixed yokes rather than 27, 30, 31, 32 all being offered. From what I can tell it. All of that power is transferred to the rear wheels via the Tremec T56 Magnum 6-Speed Transmission. Tilton's 6000-Series hydraulic release bearings (or throwout bearings) are designed for ease of installation and maximum reliability at a competitive price. PPG T56 T6060. The MGW billet shifter for the Tremec T56 Magnum XL transmission is now available. GM Tremec Magnum T-56 with custom F-Body Tailhousi. 00 with a 12 month warranty and 700 continuous torque capacity. I have an ext cab 03 and i had to modify the crossmember (manual one). maximum torque capacity, the T56 has an exterior case similar to the fourth-generation F-body transmission. The top shaft is a factory T56 unit; the bottom set is the TR6060 Magnum Tranzilla unit. T56 Magnum Shifters Transmission and Rear End. tremec t56 magnum short shifter 6speed transmission. Joe at D&D told me that MGW had one of the Magnum transmissions with the intent to design a shifter but that they couldn't make one that was different enough from the factory shifter to make it worth it, or something to that effect. I have put the T56 LS1 in an SC, and the shifter is just forward of the factory 5 speed spot. Each unit is thoroughly tested, contains a tough black MIL-Spec anodized finish and is ready for installation. The feedback that the T56 Magnum gives is awesome. So its never been used. 73 gears and 31spline solid axles UPR engine K-member and A-arms for modular engine with 250lb spring rate. 016" aluminum plate with pressure sensitive backing for easy installation. Why did we design this shifter?. Realize the Potential. MGW currently manufactures the best short throw shifters for Camaros, Corvettes, and Mustangs. Tremec T56 Magnum 6 Speed Transmission For Ford New Sbf Bbf 4 6 5 0 5 4. Shifter location is 2. It is derived from the Tremec T-56 6-speed manual transmission. One of the upgrades Tick Performance makes to the Magnum is to replace the plastic shift fork pads (right) with bronze pads. PPG T56 T6060. T56 Magnum Shifters Transmission and Rear End. I have a T56 transmission going in my 40 Ford coupe. Only hiccup in my swap was I was using the factory drive shaft. Originally, the T-56 Manual Transmission was designed and built by Borg-Warner for the Dodge Viper. I am keeping the interior stock looking including the bench seat. I have put the T56 LS1 in an SC, and the shifter is just forward of the factory 5 speed spot. Unlike the inferior OEM T56 variants, the T56 Magnum case also has multiple shifter locations making it more versatile to retrofit into vehicles and hot rod/kit car projects. Fits: T56 Magnum, TKO 500/600. Many people call it a T56 Magnum, and it's even labeled that on many parts of Tremec's website. What is the best location for the shifter to be mounted (forward or aft) ? I will be using a console if possible. Including TUET11012 - GM LS T56 Magnum Strip Transmission. Featuring all the most important content from the original Magnum, the XL retains its brute strength and sophistication, but eliminates its multiple shifter locations and dual speedo outputs. In mocking up the body onto a new frame this weekend it appears that the shifter is going to be very much further back than I anticipated. We design and manufacture all of our components in house and only sell direct to the customer, giving you the highest quality products for the best possible price. 0 Fox-body. Please verify by the picture that this is the correct part for your transmission.